Thursday, April 17, 2008

Post #1

I started work on my family tree back in 1999 after I had taken a week long trip to England where I visted London, Cambridge, Ely, and York. I started out with roughly 100 names and then I lost interest.

Here I am today. I got back into the family tree this past August with the same 100 I left off with and now have close to 9,000 names. I have uncovered some very interesting family along the way and I guess that is the purpose of this blog to share what I have found and hopefully share the information with others who are on the same journey.

I have started a file with the the famous and more noteworthy family members along with their lineage to one of my main family lines. It is called Barker Family Tree as that is my surname but I can only find my family back to England in mid 1700's. So needless to say there are a number of lines that have more names than Barker.

No comments: